Coronavirus situation under control in Delhi, not terrible, says Kejriwal
Maruti reports 54% YoY decline in sales in June; sells less than 40% of pre-coronavirus level
Government Bans 59 Chinese Apps Including Tik-Tok, Shareit, UC Browser, and WeChat
PM Modi to address the nation at 4 pm: What to expect
Maharashtra Extends Lockdown Till July 31 Day After Urging Caution
Coronavirus Vaccine Update
Swarms Of Desert Locusts Reach Delhi Outskirts After Gurugram
Delhi fighting difficult battle against COVID-19, will emerge victorious: Kejriwal
2-Week Lockdown In Guwahati From Monday; Minister Says "Shop By Sunday"
YouTube likely to come up with TikTok-like short video platform
Rs 2,000 crore from PM CARES Fund to be spent on 50,0000 ventilators for COVID-19 patients
Baba Ramdev's Patanjali launches India's 'first Ayurvedic' medicine for coronavirus, Coronil
Coronavirus: Glenmark conducts Fabiflu trial on 1,000 patients; to compete with Gilead's Remdesivir
Jio's golden touch makes Reliance Industries share rise 108% in 3 months
Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready? Moderna, AstraZeneca offer answers
Chennai lockdown starts today: Check what is allowed, not allowed
Coronavirus vaccine: Singapore scientists discover 5 antibodies that can combat COVID-19
India-China tension: Indian Army releases list of 20 martyrs; wreath ceremony begins in Leh
Tamil Nadu announces 'maximised restricted lockdown' from June 19 in Chennai, 3 other districts
Maruti Suzuki's Alto becomes India's top-selling car for 16th year in a row

Latest Posts

‘Harassed’ by bus operators, students block Jhajjar road

Jhajjar :
Students of Pt JL Nehru PG Government College here disrupted vehicular traffic on the Jhajjar-Bahadurgarh road for nearly an hour against the private and Haryana Roadways bus operators.

The students alleged that they had deposited the fee for their bus passes and the college had also issued them fee receipts, but the bus conductors asked them to buy tickets.

“Even, they misbehave with us when we show them the fee receipts. As per college staff, the fees have been deposited with the roadways department for issuance of the passes, but the roadways authorities are not paying any heed to it,” said a protester.

Following an assurance from City police post in charge Rajesh Kumar to raise their issue before the higher authorities, the protesters cleared the road.
Mehtab Singh, General Manager, Jhajjar Depot, could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.

Is children's performace justified?

  • 556
  • 211
  • 17

PGIMS sat over ‘ghost’ guard scam for over a year

SIT arrests accountant of security agency

Rohtak :
In a classic case of too little, too late, the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Rohtak police has arrested an accountant of a security agency previously engaged by the PGIMS authorities in the matter pertaining to gross irregularities in the appointment of security guards at the institute.

SIT incharge DSP Mohammad Jamal confirmed that Manoj, an accountant of Orion Security Solutions Pvt Ltd, the security firm previously engaged by the PGIMS, had been arrested.

As per sources, notices have also been issued to some former top officials of the PGIMS to make them join the investigation and produce the record pertaining to the matter.
The snail’s pace at which the investigation is progressing can be gauged from the fact that the matter had come to the knowledge of the University of Health Sciences (UHS)/ PGIMS authorities on April 1, 2017, when PGIMS security officer Badam Singh and assistant security officer Sanjay Sangwan apprised them of some serious irregularities over guards.

“We were receiving complaints that many security guards were on our rolls, but they were not physically present on duty. Investigation made by us confirmed that many security guards provided by the private security agency were present only on paper,” Sangwan said while talking here on Friday.

On being apprised of the matter, the UHS authorities asked the security officers to inquire into it and submit a detailed report. Badam and Sangwan filed their report on May 25, 2017.

As per the report, 103 of the 625 security guards deployed on the PGIMS campus existed only on paper. Further investigations revealed that those “missing” security guards had been working at the office of the Haryana Board of School Education in Bhiwani.

The shocking revelations notwithstanding, the UHS/ PGIMS authorities kept on sitting over the report for several months.

Curiously, even the contract of the security firm was extended by several months despite all this.

Ultimately, the authorities concerned woke up from their slumber and asked the security officers to get an FIR lodged regarding the matter on October 24, 2017.

In the meantime, the UHS authorities got the matter probed at their own level and decided to suspend Badam Singh as well as Sanjay Sangwan, both of whom claimed to be whistleblowers.

The UHS Registrar, Dr HK Agarwal, said the university/ PGIMS authorities had earlier dealt with the matter at their own level and then decided to hand it over to the police.

‘Ghost’ guards

  • A total of 103 of the 625 security guards deployed on the PGIMS campus exist only on paper
  • ‘Missing’ security guards work at the office of the Haryana Board of School Education in Bhiwani
  • The UHS, PGIMS authorities keep sitting over the report for months
  • The contract of the security firm extended by several months despite this
  • The authorities concerned wake up from their slumber and ask the security officers to get an FIR lodged regarding the matter on October 24, 2017
  • The UHS authorities get the matter probed at their own level
  • The UHS authorities decide to suspend Badam Singh and Sanjay Sangwan, who claim to be whistleblowers

Will the guilty be involved in the company?

  • 833
  • 175
  • 92

State to increase number of film screens to 500

Chandigarh :
Haryana is pinning hopes on single-screen theatres to spice up its entertainment sector with an ambitious plan underway to open over 500 cinema screens, including miniplexes, across the state to achieve the ration of one screen for 50,000 persons.

With the grant of industry status to the film industry by the Haryana Government making it eligible for various incentives available to the industry, the state government proposes to significantly reduce current ratio of one screen per 1.5 lakh persons to 50,000.

Official sources said there was tremendous scope for development of miniplexes (70-100 capacity) in the areas beyond the National Capital Region (NCR) and rural areas as these areas currently lacked entertainment facilities.

Sameer Pal Srow, Director, Information, Public Relation and Languages, said the aim of the new Film Policy was to increase the number of screens from current around 171 to over 500 so that a population of 50,000 could have one screen. “The industry status for the film industry would act like icing on the cake since investors would get all incentives available to the industry under the Enterprise Promotion Policy, 2016,” he said.

Besides opening new miniplexes, the revival of the existing single-screen theatres was high on the agenda of the state government. The state government wanted to achieve this “in synergy with departments concerned for ensuring provisions of speedy relevant clearances.”

Currently, a majority of 171 cinema screens are in Gurugram (40) and Faridabad (27) with some of the districts like Nuh and Charkhi Dadri having no screen. The state has 52 multiplexes and 25 single-screen theatres.

“In fact, the state government could hire a private consultant to oversee the processes for setting up and running all miniplexes,” the Film Policy said.

With a liberal subsidy up to Rs2 crore on offer, the content for the miniplexes could include Haryanvi, non-Haryanvi, children and educational films.

New policy

The aim is to have one screen for every 50,000 persons against current 1.5 lakh persons
At present, there are around 171 screens, most of them in NCR
State to hire private consultant to oversee process of setting up and running miniplexes

Is the policy of Haryana Govt. right on Films?

  • 645
  • 316
  • 47

No bail for accused in Ram Rahim escape bid case: HC

Chandigarh :
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has refused to grant bail to Chamkaur Singh, who allegedly was part of a large conspiracy hatched by Dera Sacha Sauda men to free Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh after he was convicted in two rape cases more than a year back.

Justice Gurvinder Singh Gill asserted that having regard to facts and circumstances and especially bearing in mind the nature of offence and manner in which the accused had entered into the conspiracy to free a person convicted of heinous crime after the judgement was pronounced, there was no room for grant of discretionary relief of anticipatory bail.

Justice Gill added that bail could not be granted especially when the petitioner was stated to have been identified by other security officials present in the court complex and “unfortunately, majority of them belong to the disciplined force of police”.
The FIR was registered on August 26 last year on the basis of the statement of ASI Ramesh Kumar that he and other police officials were taking Ram Rahim after his conviction in a Scorpio towards the “district inspector naka”.

He stated that suddenly, one jammer car came from behind and overtook the Scorpio before blocking the way. He added that six persons alighted from the vehicle, three dressed in commando uniform, and attacked the Scorpio before trying to free Ram Rahim and take him out of the vehicle.

The complainant reported that he, with the help of other co-employees, thwarted their efforts, but they raised a war cry that they would not allow “Pitaji” to be taken away and attempted to run over the police officials with the jammer vehicle.

It was alleged that the complainant and his co-employees managed to save themselves even as the driver of the jammer vehicle, after reversing, again attempted to run over the police officials.

The state counsel submitted that the petitioner was part of a large conspiracy hatched by members of the dera to free Ram Rahim after he had been convicted.

The counsel added that the co-accused had, during interrogation, disclosed the conspiracy, which led to the arrest of another 13 accused of the 22 involved in the entire episode.

Is the Court decision right?

  • 748
  • 102
  • 32

Submit report on unsafe Jhajjar schools, HHRC tells officers

Jhajjar :
Taking suo motu cognisance of a report in The Tribune on Wednesday about unsafe buildings of 60 government schools in the district, the Haryana Human Rights Commission (HHRC) has sought a report from the Principal Secretary, Education Department, and Jhajjar Deputy Commissioner within six months.

Pulling up the education authorities over the use of unsafe school buildings, HHRC chairman, Justice (retired) SK Mittal, and member, Justice (retired) KC Puri, said quality education could not be provided in dilapidated school buildings where there was a threat to life.

They pointed out that it was mandatory for the government to provide quality education to children ever since the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, came into force.
“It is the fundamental right of every child to have education in a safe environment. It is a constitutional obligation of the state to provide a safe environment, proper infrastructure and safe school buildings to children who are studying in government schools,” stated the order issued by the HHRC.

The report disclosed that buildings of 60 government schools in Jhajjar district had been declared unsafe around three months ago, but neither were the schools provided new buildings nor were these unsafe structures demolished with incidents of roof collapse having been reported from three schools.

The report revealed that 14 rooms of the Government Senior Secondary School in Kheri Khummar village were declared unsafe over four years ago, but no further action had been taken in this respect, posing a threat to students playing around these rooms.

“The facts in the report, if correct, violate human rights of thousands of children and violate fundamental rights enshrined in the Constitution. The Principal Secretary, Education, and the Jhajjar DC are directed to submit their reports within six weeks regarding the condition of unsafe school buildings,” ordered the HHRC.

Will the government construct new buildings of schools?

  • 448
  • 307
  • 41
×

Alert Message

Ok
Please Wait...

Share the Opinion Poll with your Friends At

Ok

Share the Survey with your
Friends At

Ok
×

Statistics

Ok
No
×

Statistics

Ok